August 29, 2011

Pura Vida!


The random clothes and jewelry I bought this summer are finally resurfacing. I bought this hand-made beaded necklace in Costa Rica and struggled slightly to make it work with casual outfits. It looks striking with a strapless black dress (homecoming outfit?) but can overpower a plain shirt. I chose a light pink top to bring out the pink in the necklace and added my signature feminine touch with a lace skirt.

This necklace also reminds me of the Native American/Western looks on the fall runways. Since Western has never been my look, I like incorporating pieces of modern trends into my personal style. Some people change their style completely with the changing trends, but that means they never find what they really like and what expresses their style. Besides knowing what looks good with your skin tones and body shape, developing your personal style is about presenting the best you to the world. The right clothes will make you feel confident, so you'll also be showing everyone the real you.

A little deep for a Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment