July 3, 2012

Back to the 21st Century

{The Girl Who Played With Fire: I read the first of the series this winter and finally got around to the second. Granted, I can only read while the sun is up, just like the good old days.}

 Hello internet universe, nice to see you again. We have been without power since a very brief storm hit about 48 hours ago. When I was younger, a few hours without power was cute and cozy. When it's 100 degrees out and there is no air conditioning in sight, not so cute. I have been escaping to various places around town to cool off. Here are a few of my favorite (power outage) things.


 {I have always been a Starbucks fan but it has now become my home away from home. It has cold caffeinated beverages, air conditioning, and light- what more could a girl ask for?}

{While crop tops are inappropriate in 98%of life, I'd like to think they are acceptable when temps haven't gone below 90 for a week....}

{There is something rustic and romantic about lighting candles}

No comments:

Post a Comment