July 18, 2010

Before & After: Closet Makeover


Hey guys! This is a momentous occasion. For the first time in seven years I cleaned the tiny box I call my closet. After staring at the mess for basically half my life I decided it needed a thorough cleaning and proceeded to empty my entire closet. My old style of organization went like this: if it will stay on a hanger it goes in the closet, if not, it is shoved into the little squares on the right. It felt great to finally go through all of this old stuff and finally sort out what I want to keep. The main reason my closet looks so much cleaner is just that I threw so much out. Maybe its just me being a packrat, but its so hard to part with all those useless trinkets that bring back childhood memories. I found all this stuff I thought was lost plus stuff I forgot about all together. The most exciting find was my classic denim shorts that I basically cried over when I lost them. This summer I bought a new pair from Forever 21 but the oldies are still my favorite.


Ta-daaa!! The actual hanging clothes might look just as random as before however I organized them by jackets, summer tops, winter tops, skirts, fancy dresses, casual dresses, and scarves.


A small sampling off my purses. I use the small clutches as decoration on the walls. The close-up picture of my shoe nook refuses to load correctly which is annoying.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! My organization OCD-ness has finally rubbed off on someone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes it has. and my obsession with fashion has finally rubbed off on someone....

    ReplyDelete